The WOW Movement is teaming with the National Association of Real-Estate Brokers (NAREB) to assist first-time homebuyers in finding quality homes listed for sale on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and to support their Two Million New Black Homeowners Program (2Mn5)
2MN5 is one of NAREB’s solutions in response to its annual report the State of Housing in Black America (SHIBA) ®, with a short and long-term core objectives to eliminate the racial gap and disparities in homeownership in the United States (41% Black vs. 71% White).
The Program includes the following activities that support NAREB’s motto of Democracy in Housing:
· Advocacy for Black homeownership with public and private sector leaders at the local, state and federal levels;
· Advertising and marketing to black consumers on the financial and other benefits of Black Homeownership;
· Activism for access to credit and the reform and changing of regulatory policies and laws that support increased Black homeownership;
· Action-based community outreach that raises awareness and educates communities across the country of the important role homeownership plays in closing the wealth gap in the black community;
· Neighborhood and Community Development Projects that foster homeownership;
· Advocacy and Leadership Development Training for NAREB local leaders and other community and neighborhood stakeholders;
· Business development training and technical assistance for Black entrepreneurs through NAREB’s Share the Wealth Series and NAREB University;
NAREB fully understands that eliminating the 30% gap in homeownership throughout the U.S. will require organizational discipline, advocacy, focus and partnerships with the faith, business, foundation, and public sectors. The 2MN5 Program will be implemented both locally and nationally by NAREB with its staff, consultants, members, the NAREB Affiliates, faith-based institutions, community and neighborhood organizations, and public and sector institutions.
NAREB will measure its impact through the 2MN5 Program via success and progress on victories locally and/or nationally by using criteria such as:
· Increasing homeownership in the black communities over five years;
· Increasing the size and scope of black business in real-estate;
· Strengthening the foundation of black wealth through land ownership;
· Raising the awareness of the important role homeownership plays in wealth creation in the black community.
Our Mission Statement
To foster Home-Ownership by providing No Income Limit Down Payment Assistance in a simple and expedited process to all participating mortgage qualified Home Buyers
To empower our Associate Members to achieve the life they were meant to live while helping to abate the unpopular and pervasive phenomenon of Home-Rentership presently threatening low to moderate income families, the Millennials and among others, the work force and recent graduates of this great nation and abroad.
To Help 1 Million Homebuyers achieve “The American Dream”
by definition Homeownership